We are an organisation which recognises the contribution of all our volunteers and associates. Our aims are to be supportive, fair, just and free from discrimination. In line with these objectives, we will challenge discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation; actively promote equality and diversity; and ensure that the legislation and policy requirements within the nine protected characteristics of equality and diversity are implemented into all our working practices.
Our vision for equality and diversity goes beyond establishing processes to achieve change. As part of our interaction with our volunteers, associates and families supported, we will endeavour to be pro-active and monitor progress made towards meeting our objectives to:
- Encourage diversity and eliminate unfair treatment and discrimination through a full range of policies and procedures.
- Recognise that our volunteers and associates have rights to work in a supportive, safe and harassment-free environment and have individual and collective responsibility to value and respect each other’s contributions.
DISCRIMINATION & VICTIMISATION: We respect and uphold the dignity of all our volunteers and associates and value the contribution they make in the workplace. We are committed to providing a working environment that is free from bullying and harassment and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect .
ACCESSIBILITY : Joss Searchlight’s vision is to create an environment in which all people have equal, dignified and ease of access to our services through the full range of Joss Searchlight activities. We want to eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity throughout Joss Searchlight. We are committed to Joss Searchlight becoming fully accessible and inclusive, as befits a children’s cancer charity. Joss Searchlight are actively working to increase and improve the usability and accessibility of our services and resources and in doing so aim to meet our legal, moral and ethical obligations.
EMPLOYMENT: In regard to the future employment of staff:
- We will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- We will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity.
- All employees of Joss Searchlight will be required to comply with the charity’s equality aims and to treat colleagues with dignity and respect.
- We support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies.
CEO Joss Searchlight
Trustee Joss Searchlight